2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

94 dodge ram 1500 5.9

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 01:19 PM
1waterdude
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 dodge ram 1500 5.9

my problem i'm having is i will be driving along and the truck starts running really rough spittin and sputtering so i pull over shut her down wait about 15 min some times it will work just fine other times it won't when it is doing this its top speed is only about 15mph I have put new plugs wires and cap and rotor on still does same thing. any ideas out there. is it my fuel pump filter that could be clogging up thanks for all the help.

Old 03-04-2014, 01:40 PM
ngmillar
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1waterdude
my problem i'm having is i will be driving along and the truck starts running really rough spittin and sputtering so i pull over shut her down wait about 15 min some times it will work just fine other times it won't when it is doing this its top speed is only about 15mph I have put new plugs wires and cap and rotor on still does same thing. any ideas out there. is it my fuel pump filter that could be clogging up thanks for all the help.
Sounds like you fuel pump is giving out when it gets warm. How many miles it? Hook a pressure gauge up to it and see what it reads

Old 03-04-2014, 07:52 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome to DF! Will move you to the correct spot.

For future reference, please see the below link:
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-r...ead-first.html

Quick Reply: 94 dodge ram 1500 5.9