2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

wiring problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 01:56 PM
glasssman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new member wiring problems crankshaft position sensor

i have a 1998 dodge 1500 sport 5.2 just bought it and started having some trouble only has 130k miles strong engine. i climbed under it with intentions of changing the crankshaft position sensor. i started following the wires coming out they go over the transmission and there was a connector there which is half gone they have the wires twisted together at the back of the connector and on the front they have clips attached to the small pieces of wire that are remaining. to make it worse the wires go up from there so i opened the hood and they have apprx 7-8 wires connected there as well right next to the distributor cap i found all this when it died on me i put my hand on them and seperated them it fired right up i took off and it died again i am afraid i have knocked some of the connections loose and i am in a no start situation. i would like to get it back to having the correct wires and connections. where are they supposed to plug to at the distibutor area and what can i do to fix it

Last edited by glasssman; 03-10-2014 at 02:31 PM. Reason: not enough info
Old 03-10-2014, 06:10 PM
SpcD1500
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have pictures?

Quick Reply: wiring problems