2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

High Beam problem with fog lights.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2014, 11:53 PM
outdoorsman2014
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Beam problem with fog lights.

I just ordered and replaced my headlights with projectors (not HID...yet). I haven't had fog lights in a long time and since my new lights came with LED DRLS and angel eyes, I re-routed the fog light wiring to them.

Only problem is that when I have the DRLs/angel eyes are on, high beams won't turn off. Everything works find without the fog light switch pulled out (turns off DRLS/angel eyes since they replaced the fog lights). Soon as I pull the fog light switch out, brights come on and won't turn off. My dims will come on and go off, but brights stay solid.

I changed nothing on the wiring harnesses except just snipping the fog light wires and splicing them into the DRLs. One other thing is that the last time I replaced my fog light that went out, it over heated I guess and turned the lenses brown. Maybe there is a short? When foglight switch is pulled, my high beam indicator glows very very faintly. You can't tell hardly unless you turn them off and on to see the difference.

Quick Reply: High Beam problem with fog lights.