2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Electrical problems during rain

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 07:43 PM
Moneyman19
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical problems during rain

My buddy has a problem with his 2001 Ram 1500. we had little accident bout 3 years ago hit a tree. we got a spare truck pulled over fenders ect over and we swaped out the 5.2 for the 5.9 and truck been running good. this rain today been comming down hard and he called me apparently when it rains this much the truck takes for ever to start and when its running everyone in awhile it will shut of or go off an on. i immediately thinking of a ground or distributor getting wet.. the truck is road legal 11.5 inch lift with 42s.

What are your thoughts or suggestions? him and me usually work on these trucks from time to time and never ran into this problem. I apperiacte the help and will give much info as i can.

Old 03-29-2014, 08:20 PM
i4got68
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dist cap or ground definitely. I have a bad cap and I have yet to change it unfortunately and I know tomorrow I'm gonna have to pull out the girlfriends hair dryer. Haha.
If you do the cap, might as well do the rotor, plugs, and wires.

Quick Reply: Electrical problems during rain