2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

1997 Ram 1500 Laramie SLT 4x4 HVAC Mode Issue - Vacuum Problem?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2014, 12:25 PM
scorp80
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 Ram 1500 Laramie SLT 4x4 HVAC Mode Issue - Vacuum Problem?

Hi all,

I am new to the forum and to my 1997 Ram 1500 Laramie SLT Cub Cab 4x4, so hopefully someone has seen this problem before and can help. The HVAC mode is stuck on defrost with a little bit of air comong from the the floor heater duct. The Heat / AC mode switch seems to be working fine.

Any clues where I should start looking to get the mode selectror switch working again. I suspect its a vacuum issue and I already see that one of 3 lines coming off the vacuum resevoir is plugged with a screw. It's the line that T's right off the top of resevoir. Can anyone tell me where each of these the three lines should be going and connecting to?

I think a related vacuum issue is that the truck goes into 4 Hi and 4 Low fine, but when I bring it back into 2 HI it takes quite a while (driving) until the front axel actually fully disenages and the 4WD light goes off.

Any and all help, suggestions, vacuum diagrams and related pictures will be helpful. I did not see much on these types of issues in the Service Manaul. It also did not say where the lines form the vacuum resevoir atatched to.

Thanks

Quick Reply: 1997 Ram 1500 Laramie SLT 4x4 HVAC Mode Issue - Vacuum Problem?