2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Code 41 and sputter under light throttle

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 01:59 PM
xjarhead69
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Download service manual for the 95.
Page 21-144 Figure 8 for the cable button thats pushed in to adjust the cable.

Dave

Old 05-17-2014, 05:29 AM
MaxPower1971
Professional

Thanx for the advice y'all and sorry for the late reply....

Ok the plenum is blown... again. I will get a hughes kit this time loll. Maybe even a kegger, if the price is right... I seen one on a truck at the wrecker so next time I go I will get a price on it.

So far, my guess is that there's something wrong with the valve body in the tranny; I had a little problem before parking it in January with the gas pedal getting real stiff as if there was a block behind it.... Only way around it was to take the lever down to 1, and back to drive, and the pedal would be fine until I put her in Park. It was so dang cold here this winter I figured maybe ice had formed between the rods and or cable so I did not bother with it. When my higher RPM shifts started, I thought the ice or my pressing the pedal when it became stiff threw out the adjustment on the TV cable. But now in hot weather it did it again yesterday.

Did not have time to pull the plugs, and it's still running like crap on light throttle. I'm gonna try adjusting the TV cable today, and will be pulling plugs.

You know how they say never to Google your symptoms when you are sick because you'll think you'll die ?? Well it's also true with my trucks' symptoms lollll..

Old 05-19-2014, 04:28 PM
MaxPower1971
Professional

Ok here's the update:

Did the plugs, they seemed not so bad but it did wonders on my light throttle sputter. it's now running smooth.

TV CABLE QUESTIONS:

I unhooked it at the TB. The plastic part that has the cable in it with the anchor to the TB. Is that supposed to move on the cable?? I mean, I can slide it outwards (towards the front of truck) about it's whole length without the cable moving.... Normal??

I also can't seem to pull on the cable by hand... I think this may be related to my hard pedal situation.... Is that cable supposed to be free in Park? If not, whhen is it free?? In Neutral? In gear??

Thanx guys!!

Old 05-19-2014, 05:48 PM
Arde
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you download the FSM as xjarhead69 suggested?
The other end of the cable is connected to a spring loaded lever on the drivers side of the transmission. Check that it's hooked up to the lever and working properly. Under the hood, you should be able to pull the cable a couple inches or so and let it return pulled by the spring in any gear, P or N.

Old 05-19-2014, 08:09 PM
MaxPower1971
Professional

Originally Posted by Arde
Did you download the FSM as xjarhead69 suggested?
The other end of the cable is connected to a spring loaded lever on the drivers side of the transmission. Check that it's hooked up to the lever and working properly. Under the hood, you should be able to pull the cable a couple inches or so and let it return pulled by the spring in any gear, P or N.
Yeah that manual has been my bible for quite some time now...

I did not check tranny side, but I know I can't pull it from the engine bay. I will look at the transmission side of it tomorrow. Thanx!

Quick Reply: Code 41 and sputter under light throttle