2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

after market temp guage

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2005, 12:52 AM
michaela805
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default after market temp guage

hey whats up. recently i installed an after market auto meter water temp guage in my truck. i hooked up the sending where it was supposed to go behind the alternator. the only thing is i had to replace the stock sending unit with the after market one. now that the stock unit is not hooked up my check engine light is on in my dash board. i tried buying a T adapter to hook up both units but the inch or so long temp reader on the end of the sending units hit eachother when i put them both in the T. is there another way i can hook up the after market water temp guage so i can put the stock one back in it's place. thanks for any help

Old 10-18-2005, 01:32 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts
Default RE: after market temp guage

doesnt your aftermarket meter need it's own wiring? you'll have to leave the original sensor in it's stock location and find a better way to mount the other sending unit and wire it up separate from the stock ECT sensor.

Old 10-18-2005, 06:33 PM
michaela805
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: after market temp guage

ya i hooked up the after market sending unit with its own wiring and left the stock wiring just hangin there. that's why the engine light is on. i think you're right. ill just have to hook the stock one back up and find another location for the after market unit. thanks again for the resoponse

Quick Reply: after market temp guage