2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Dealer Repair Cost Plenum Gasket

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 09:29 PM
DodgeFanMP
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I bet you can do it yourself.

Originally Posted by msa-lca
Thanks, I kind of thought it would be really high for the labor. Perhaps I will give it a go to do myself. Who knows, might even be able to come out ahead a little. Thanks again.
If you have a buddy that can hand you tools so you don't have to keep climbing in and out of the truck, it would help a lot. And maybe he/she can help you lift the intake out if you are feeling weak. Other than that, it's really not that bad.

I just recently did mine (for the second time) and filmed the entire process, down to the most minute details, and posted it on YouTube in an attempt to help folks in your position. I'm not trying to push my channel or anything, and I am a total noobie when it comes to wrenching, but the link is below in case you do want to try this on your own. It should be helpful, if for no other reason than to get familiar with what things look like, and to realize, "man, I do NOT want to do it like that idiot." Best of luck.

http://youtu.be/KL6Fkqk-oWA

Quick Reply: Dealer Repair Cost Plenum Gasket