2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Truck and the start of a New Build

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 11:22 PM
COL
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New Truck and the start of a New Build

Hi all, I am back. Just for a little background I started out in the dodge truck family with a 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 Sport with the 5.9L purchased brand new! Then I went and picked up a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 with the HEMI last year. I can honestly say that truck was awesome in every way, but it just didn't have the ruggedness nor give me the enjoyment the 2nd gen Rams did. So I sold it, then went on the hunt for a new rig! I ended up finding one in typical northern Dodge condition, meaning rust and used, in southern Wisconsin with only 100,000mi on it! Anyways the new truck is a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Sport 4x4 with the Off Road Group. The truck has the 5.9L and sports the no slip 4:10 gears and leather interior. Basically the truck I had always wanted. After pick-up of the new truck I drove it the 600mi home and immediately started working on it. It is kind of my project vehicle at the moment but is also being driven at the same time, I do have another vehicle to drive in the meantime so it can sit tore apart in the garage if need be. So far I have it set up with a Magnaflow single in dual out stainless steel exhaust, Western Ultra Mount 7'6" Pro Plow, 3/4ton coils in the front, BF Goodrich Rugged terrain tires, Lakeland Fiberglass paint matched topper, auto vent shades and I fixed any rust on the truck and Raptor Lined the rockers and over my fenders. I am extremely impressed with the Raptor liner and love how it changed the look on my truck. Soon to come is my smoked Cab lights on order, blending the front two windows with 35% tint, finding a tonneau cover and lastly possibly a mirror swap. Anyways It is great to be back in a 2nd gen ram again!

Old 10-28-2014, 11:22 PM
COL
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would post a picture but it keeps telling me I am over my quota for size!!!

Old 10-29-2014, 12:24 AM
beeker
Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by COL
I would post a picture but it keeps telling me I am over my quota for size!!!
Welcome back, sounds like you are giving that truck some much needed love. Always nice to see someone appreciate their vehicle and improve it.

To post a pic you upload them to photobucket and paste the IMG link here in your post. Would be nice to see the truck. Sounds really nice!

Quick Reply: New Truck and the start of a New Build