2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Aux Switches

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 09:34 AM
J.oliver97
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aux Switches

Im trying to figure out a good way to mount and wire some rocker switches, like for lights and other stuff. Has anybody done something like this on the 2nd gens? I would like to mount it somewhere on the dash or on the headliner where the trip computer goes. Thanks!

Old 11-20-2014, 09:50 AM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

A good WAY or good PLACE? A good way is with a relay. A good place is where you want. Some people put them on the kick panel just below the gauge cluster. Others have put a custom panel in the cub holder cubby or the hole below the airbag switch.

I put one switch just behind the steering wheel on the kick panel and another where the power mirror would be if I had them. Relays mounted under hood on firewall next to brake booster. You can find a lot of custom work by searching diesel forums for 2nd gens.

Quick Reply: Aux Switches