2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Headlight restored now need best bulbs (photo)

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2015, 02:02 PM
jmhd1989
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlight restored now need best bulbs (photo)

So i ordered this headlight restore kit for 12 bucks on ebay. Its a crappy as seen on tv kit. So naturally i wasn't expecting any results but for 12 bucks it was worth a shot. I am shocked not only that it did anything but that it actually cleared them back up to not new but i would say pretty damn close. Its called Wipe New if anyone is interested. Mine were really yellow, couldnt hardly even see the bulbs inside.(when lights were off) so now im in the market to replace my bulbs with better whiter and brighter bulbs. right now im leaning towards the Putco Pure Halogen Ion Spark white Bulbs. Anyone have an opinion on bulbs. I have a sport model so that narrows results.

(after)

sorry i wasn't thinking and do not have a before photo but they were pretty yellow and very murky/hazy

Old 02-03-2015, 05:34 PM
beeker
Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Great job! Those look nearly new, hard to believe they are originals. Mine were bad and I replaced with ebay replicas.

For the best bulbs I suggest Narva Rangepower+50, They have an accurate tight focus and produce slightly more lumen output. They are normal 3800k white color. Best bulbs I have ever used.

Old 02-03-2015, 06:14 PM
jmhd1989
Veteran

Originally Posted by beeker
Great job! Those look nearly new, hard to believe they are originals. Mine were bad and I replaced with ebay replicas.

For the best bulbs I suggest Narva Rangepower+50, They have an accurate tight focus and produce slightly more lumen output. They are normal 3800k white color. Best bulbs I have ever used.
Thanks, that was my plan too but i figured i would give that stuff a try. And thanks for the advice i will look into those bulbs. They are pretty white? i don't want a blue or yellow tint

Old 02-03-2015, 06:42 PM
beeker
Captain

Originally Posted by jmhd1989
They are pretty white? i don't want a blue or yellow tint
Yes they look like a normal traditional headlights warm/white color. Narva is an Australian import. I have found them on Ebay and Candlepower

Old 02-03-2015, 07:33 PM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 362 Likes on 340 Posts

Never heard of Narva Rangepower+50. I am running the Sylvania Silverstars. They are a bit brighter than the PIAA's i had before them. They have a new bulb out that is supposed to brighter then the ultras. The ZXE's, We need someone to do a real life comparison.
https://www.sylvania.com/en-us/produ...rstar-zxe.aspx

Old 02-04-2015, 12:01 AM
beeker
Captain

Originally Posted by Moparite
Never heard of Narva Rangepower+50. I am running the Sylvania Silverstars. They are a bit brighter than the PIAA's i had before them. They have a new bulb out that is supposed to brighter then the ultras. The ZXE's, We need someone to do a real life comparison.
https://www.sylvania.com/en-us/produ...rstar-zxe.aspx
I had heard about them on forums and bought some 55watt Narva Rangepower +50 on Candlepower. They are brighter and great focus. They were way brighter than my Piaa
I've tried several sets of Silverstar, Silverstar Ultras, PIAA and was disappointed with them, didn't notice any difference from low price bulbs. Don't Get the Silverstar ZXE with the blue tint, the blue tint actually reduces the intensity of light emitted from the bulb and what is emitted is in a less visible spectrum.

Many bulbs like PIAA aren't even pulling the full 55 watts and have poor focus despite the high price. You'd think you were getting a bulb with precision engineering but it's just fancy marketing.

Only other bulb I've heard are good are the Phillips Xtreme Vision XTE, but I recommend the Narva Rangepower+50s.

Old 02-04-2015, 07:39 AM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My friend has those newest, best sylvanias IN his 2014 taco. And holy geebus those are bright. He occasionally gets flashed while just running his low beams. High beams are absolutely blinding. they lit the world up.

Old 02-04-2015, 10:22 AM
gertie240
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While you are out shopping get yourself the relay kit from LMC. Money well spent. IMHO.

Old 02-04-2015, 10:32 AM
dean98ram1500
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Ham Bone might be talking about the Sylvania ZXE. I run them in my truck, they are the second brightest light that Sylvania sells, but the reason I bought them is that they are the WHITEST light that sylvania sells with a color temperature of 4200k.
But to be honest I do not like them, sure they look good being pure white, but they jsut don't seem bright. I really think that it is the headlight HOUSING. I have aftermarkets from Spec-D tuning and they project light extremely poorly. The light is not spread out as the housing should. I'm really thinking about purchasing stock replacements as the only reason I bought new headlights were the stocks were yellow and cracked.

Old 02-04-2015, 11:09 AM
jmhd1989
Veteran

Originally Posted by gertie240
While you are out shopping get yourself the relay kit from LMC. Money well spent. IMHO.
Do you have a link? i searched LMC website for relay kit with no prevail. What is its purpose?

Quick Reply: Headlight restored now need best bulbs (photo)