2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

sway bar end links binding?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 08:11 AM
BrandonBuc'em
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Track bar is not original. It may be one though.
I think you're on to something with the drop brackets or the links need to switched around.
Question : are longer end links from say suspension maxx ment to be used with drop brackets or the way it mounts up stock?
Also I'll post pictures in a couple hours on my break. I can tell you axel is centered under the truck. I'll show you though.

Old 04-29-2015, 08:12 AM
BrandonBuc'em
Veteran

Track bar is not original. It may be oem though.
I think you're on to something with the drop brackets or the links need to switched around.
Question : are longer end links from say suspension maxx ment to be used with drop brackets or the way it mounts up stock?
Also I'll post pictures in a couple hours on my break. I can tell you axel is centered under the truck. I'll show you though.

Old 04-29-2015, 09:22 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I looked at the instructions. You've got the drop brackets correct from what I can tell. However, there is no elaboration on the rest of the bolting up. Based on the instructions, you wouldn't have had to mess with the links as it only calls out to unbolt from the frame. Then add the brackets and reattach.

This thread may help.

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...with-lift.html

Old 04-29-2015, 09:41 AM
BrandonBuc'em
Veteran

Thank you for sharing that, very helpful

Quick Reply: sway bar end links binding?