2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Back to Stock Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2015, 04:03 PM
Boundstaffpress
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back to Stock Bumper

Been working on my truck this week to dress it up with some straighter bumpers. I bought a parts truck for the transmission, and have been robbing parts if they were upgrades to what my truck had.
My truck came with a fabbed bumper. My guess is that the PO got the truck into a wreck, and replaced the passenger front fender, but didn't want to by a bumper. I'm not sure why, but they cut two inches off of the frame horns including both of the frontmost bumper mount holes. They then welded square tube into the bottom of the frame and attached their bumper to that. It was a mess to cut out and replace. I'm still not sure what they gained by cutting away 2.5 inches of frame on each side.

Previous bumper

Fabricated bumper mount

Fabbed up a mount for the trans cooler that was previously mounted in the mesh bumper.

New to me bumper with bottom skirting painted black.

New bumper with black lower skirting.

Quick Reply: Back to Stock Bumper