2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Planned mods

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 01:47 PM
bamory
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Planned mods

im gonna say stock unless your truck is aftermarket lift, but wait to see what others say

Old 11-06-2005, 03:32 PM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stock height shocks. You can't put taller shocks in until you have a lift. It won't work without it.

Old 11-06-2005, 08:37 PM
zeekxxx
Captain

ORIGINAL: bamory

Oh no doubt more air, but I worked it out backwards, I had my Fastman 52MM TB installed before I installed the CAI, I saw zeekxxx gains after the TB install, but quicker crisper acceleration, it was truly a big change for the 360. I just added Airaid because of the cone filter design, and i got it cheap, and it has that supercharger sound. People ask me about it, when we look at my engine, so it also makes good conversation piece. Your throttle body is your bottleneck, you can pump mass air toward the TB but if it cant utilize it, small gains. But as for a single and only mod, I would do the TB upgrade, exhaust, see how that works and If your strapped for cash, mod your existing stock air intake.

My opinion only based upon my observations and doesnt nessesarily reflect the opinion of other members.....lol
Yeah I was wondering about the fastman throttlebody mod. I just dont want to lose bottom end. I plan to tow trailers and boats. Did anyone lose any bottom end when they put on the TB?

thx

Old 11-06-2005, 08:39 PM
zeekxxx
Captain

ORIGINAL: mdoffroad

I installed an aFe Stage II cold Air system, far superior to K&N's thin walled junk, was less that $300 shipped to me frmo an Ebay Vendor....
VERY worth it, Towing and highway dramitcally improved... it also made the exhaust note chage under Wide Open throttle....
Sorry for double post ---

Just wanted to say SHOW US!

Id love to see pictures of it installed

Old 11-07-2005, 12:01 AM
Dodgeramman
Record Breaker

Ok here is my idea. First my shocks no problem. Then a Flowmaster American Thunder for that awesome sound. A K&N FIPK I see they are a lot cheaper on Ebay. Then in the future a TB. Is the group sale price still available? Thanks everyone!!

Old 11-07-2005, 03:02 AM
01ramclassic
All Star

Amen![sm=exactly.gif]
ORIGINAL: Off_Road_Teacher

Two things. First, a throttle body spacer is worthless, don't waste your money. If you want to use that money productively go for an upgraded throttle body or a CAI. I just finished testing my CAI and throttle body combo with some nice results. The throttle has alot more jump off the line and my mpg has gone from 15 highway up to 18.5 highway. Second, dual 3" pipes is going to casue you to lose alot of low end torque. From both experience and reading alot of posts about exhaust, your best bet would be dual 2 1/4" pipes. You shouldn't lose low end with 2 1/4" pipes.

Old 11-07-2005, 10:55 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts

ORIGINAL: mdoffroad

I installed an aFe Stage II cold Air system, far superior to K&N's thin walled junk, was less that $300 shipped to me frmo an Ebay Vendor....
VERY worth it, Towing and highway dramitcally improved... it also made the exhaust note chage under Wide Open throttle....
this is a sealed intake kit, if it looks like what you have in the link (from a dakota) then yeah it would be worth it. as long as it isolates the intake from the engine compartment then you'd definately see improvenents.

my only question is with the filter in a box like that, how is your top end?
is there room to swap out the filter for a larger one?

any pics of your install?

Old 11-07-2005, 06:02 PM
MGDMike
Champion

ORIGINAL: Dodgeramman

Ok here is my idea. First my shocks no problem. Then a Flowmaster American Thunder for that awesome sound. A K&N FIPK I see they are a lot cheaper on Ebay. Then in the future a TB. Is the group sale price still available? Thanks everyone!!
I'm gonna say the group buy still is but I'd check with Amanda first anyways. Good luck!

Old 11-07-2005, 06:33 PM
pirranah
Veteran

i've got a airmax spiral CAI, and i was impressed with the gain. you can hear it sucking all that air in

Old 11-07-2005, 08:31 PM
bamory
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I was wondering about the fastman throttlebody mod. I just dont want to lose bottom end. I plan to tow trailers and boats. Did anyone lose any bottom end when they put on the TB?

thx

Oh the increase was clear across the powerband, i noticed excellent low-end and awesome top-end differences. Call Fastman and tell him your application and what your concerns are, he does do some customs....goodluck

Quick Reply: Planned mods