2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Exhaust upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 10:58 AM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

And I think I'd much rather have my 2nd Gen after putting 30K into into repairs and upgrades than I would a 30K new truck.
Especially since 30K doesn't buy that much of a new truck these days.

Old 04-16-2016, 12:28 PM
dbbd1
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^^ As long as there are parts available, it seems like a good way to go.

Old 04-16-2016, 09:16 PM
Double Oh Dodge
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It goes without saying I would rather have a 70's Ram Power Wagon or 80's D100 than our second Gen.
However there is NOTHING available on the current Market that has "that look" or anything else going for it to even remotely leave me curious enough look into a new truck.
I mean.....
She's 16 now, and the typical 150K temper tantrum, and crapping parts left and right.
It has gotten to the point the wife beginning to talk about getting rid of 'er and hinting it is now a money pit.

Even though the truck has begun to royally **** Me off; the water pump started leaking from the shaft seal a couple days ago, the rear brakes started to leak on one hub right after the tranny stopped being an issue, the rear axle looks to be leaking a little from the diff cover, all 4 shocks are shot, and the front springs have gone soft--Yet with all that, I still would not consider bailing on 'er-not even for a 4wD version of 'er in the same year.

188+K Official Mi on the Odometer.
Unknown to Flat out neglected repair and maintenance schedule from at least one of two previous owners.
I say personally the truck is doing pretty damned good to be running at all never mind how the hell it waited that long before puking out her tranny alone.

I knew the last owner and he drove 4 months with a leaf pushed through the bed floor where it managed to break the weld and peel off leaving the whole bushing part in the shackle.

I ripped into him with a hardcore verbal beatdown.....I was kinda mean considering his wife was losing her fight with cancer at the time, but told him he was going to kill his whole family if he kept being a stubborn lazy ignorant a$s that way.....The truck was fixed the very next day! LMAO!

Quick Reply: Exhaust upgrade