2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Driveshaft Rubbing Gas Tank when Flexing

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 10:52 PM
2bit
Record Breaker
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

That explains a lot, you don't have a second gen Dodge. Your in the wrong section in the forum. Anyhow, can you unbolt the shield and tweak the area that's rubbing? Maybe enlarge the mounting holes and adjust where the plate sits. Can the mounts for the plate be adjusted farther away from the drive shaft? Also check if your rear axle is centered. You could adjust the track bar to pull the axle to the other side.

Old 09-16-2019, 11:54 PM
Matt Coe
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2bit
That explains a lot, you don't have a second gen Dodge. Your in the wrong section in the forum. Anyhow, can you unbolt the shield and tweak the area that's rubbing? Maybe enlarge the mounting holes and adjust where the plate sits. Can the mounts for the plate be adjusted farther away from the drive shaft? Also check if your rear axle is centered. You could adjust the track bar to pull the axle to the other side.
Thanks for your advice, I will look into your suggestions, and maby the correct forum lol.

Old 09-17-2019, 06:25 AM
2bit
Record Breaker
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Coe
Thanks for your advice, I will look into your suggestions, and maby the correct forum lol.
Looks like a 5th gen Dodge? Just a different section on this forum. That's why guys were assuming you had leaf springs. I'd look at the track bar though. Maybe with the lift it pulled the axle closer to the fuel tank.

Quick Reply: Driveshaft Rubbing Gas Tank when Flexing