2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Transfer Case Fluid Change

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 07:52 AM
2big2dodge
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transfer Case Fluid Change

I am gonna change the fluid in the t-case and i was wanting to make sure i am gonna do it right. there is 2 plugs. top one is for fillin and bottom for drain right? and also this is gonna be stupid, i dont know cuz i have a 4x4, but my gf has a 2wd ford does she have a t-case to? cuz i am gonna change the axle fluid in hers and didnt know if it had a t-case or not to change.Please hurrry i am doin this today. i am depending on yal to make me not look like a jack ***, even though i just asked a stupid question.thanks.

Old 11-15-2005, 11:00 AM
thump186
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Transfer Case Fluid Change

No question is stupid unless it unasked. Now you are right the bottom plug is the drain and the top is the fill/check plug. For your second? now her truck doesn't have a transfer case. The pupose of a transfer case is to split power from transmission alowing both the front and rear axel to have power thus making it 4x4. when changing either her rear diff or your transfer case just make sure you have the proper fluids.

Quick Reply: Transfer Case Fluid Change