2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Lift

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2017, 10:25 AM
dpalo
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lift

Ive got a 2001 Ram 1500 Sport 2WD Long bed and im going to be replacing front coil springs with springs that are 2-3 inches taller than OEM while also replacing the front and back shocks (i know i will need longer shocks) and im also replacing the wheels and tires which is really the main part i need info about. Right now the truck has a 3 inch body lift that was installed when i got the truck but because the factory rake the front end sits almost 4 inches lower than the back, hence the leveling kit. i mainly need to know how big i can go and the best width i was thinking 33s because i would think that a 35 would rub. can anyone help me out here im clueless especially when it comes to rims lol i know tires more or less.

Old 02-01-2017, 03:01 PM
BrandonBuc'em
Veteran

the biggest thing is back spacing and offset. the stock rims have a positive offset i think of 44. ill give you the specs of my wheels and tires and you can kind of take that info and use it how you want.
my truck is lifted 5 inches. i have pro comp 16x10 wheels the lug pattern is 5x5.5 the offset is -24 and the backspacing is 5 inchs. my tire size is 295/75/16 basically a 33.
a problem you will run into with adding bigger tires is the back of the tire will hit the lower control arm on that sharp edge and eventually begin to saw away at your tires if you dont buy the proper wheel.

Old 02-02-2017, 12:39 PM
dpalo
Amateur

Thanks Brandon. That helped alot those are almost the exact wheels i was looking at haha. 98 Series Monster Mod Wheels. the wheels i have currently al ready rub on the control arm but there doesnt seem to be any wear because of it yet i know its an inevitability. I have been looking at 285/75/16 which is just under a 33 but i like 295 just over a 33. Like i said the offset and backspacing that i get confused with for pairing wheels and tires. Nice lookin setup by the way

Old 02-04-2017, 03:31 AM
BrandonBuc'em
Veteran

thank you. i think you would do yourself a good service in looking up a youtube video on wheels and all the measurements to ensure proper fitment. i didnt know a thing about wheels either. i used google and youtube to help me. just an idea.