2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bridgestone Winter Deulers??????

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2005 | 12:57 AM
shott8283
Default Bridgestone Winter Deulers??????

hey guys,,, got these tires and rims at a great price from a fella over at Dodge trucks.org. anyway..we just got blasted with the first winter storm and i needed to put them on asap so i got them outa the garage and put them on... really changed the handling and feel of the truck ... looking them up on the net for fun a giggles ther are rated for light trucks and suvs. ... seeing my truck isnt a "light" truck.. am i hurtin the tires by running them or hurtin the truck? 01 ram sport 4x4 offroad 5.9L the tires are bridgestone winter duelers 265/70/r17 any ideas? they perform really well in the snow.. just curious about the sideeffects of them being for light trucks and suvs (manufacuters claim)

Old 11-18-2005 | 04:25 AM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker
Default RE: Bridgestone Winter Deulers??????

Actually, your truck (or any Ram for that matter) is what is considered a "light" truck.

I was looking into getting a set of these myself for my plow truck.

Old 11-18-2005 | 01:23 PM
big_Gymnast
Rookie

Hey Everyone,

Evan here in wisconsin, I have nothing but praise for the entire Blizzak lineup. When they came out in 1994 we started to run them on our family Caravan, and have done so ever since. When I got my first truck (1992 silverado 1500 4x2) I ran them, and I have also run them on my 2 trucks (2001 dakota 4x2 and 1999 ram 4x4) since that one. I have NEVER hit the ditch while running my Blizzaks, and I still have these trucks, except the dakota which I traded for the Ram. These tires are AWESOME, although I recommend if you start driving with them, stay with them, because the one and only car I've ever had didnt have them on and I totaled it shortly after the first snow storm we had that year. I run 265/75/16 on my 1999 Ram 5.2 4x4 and we just got our first snow. The truck performed excellent, and by watching everyone else on the road who were sliding around, I didn't feel a thing. Once again I really love these tires and i'd recommend them to anyone who drives in snow.

Evan

Old 11-18-2005 | 03:40 PM
shott8283

well thats a relief... and i agree these tires are amazing in the winter.. started out from my old mans house where we play poker and barley missed the ditch about 5 times even with 4X4 ,, got to my uncles house (on the way home) put them on and went the rest of the way home and it was a nite and day difference.. on dry pavement they handle alot different then regular AT's .. prolly cause the softer rubber and the tread pattern... besides that the rest of the way home with the duelers on .. not a problem.. kept up speeds around 45 in a full blown blizzard with no plows out in 4 wheel and felt comfortable. glad i got them b/c my at's were damn near bald. thanks for the input guys!

Old 11-18-2005 | 10:46 PM
Tani1500
Champion

yea, your truck is a light truck. medium or heavy is like for big commercial trucks

Quick Reply: Bridgestone Winter Deulers??????