2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Gumout® Complete Fuel System Cleaner Giveaway

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2017, 02:16 PM
IB Cristina
IB Staff
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gumout® Complete Fuel System Cleaner Giveaway

We know there is always skepticism with any fuel additive, so we asked Gumout to prove that their product works. The folks at Gumout did just that and flew several forum users and our editorial team to a testing laboratory at the Transportation Research Center (TRC) in East Liberty, Ohio.

Gumout purchased a Hyundai Sonata with 80,000 miles at random from a local used-car dealership to show us typical deposit buildup on a vehicle driven by the average consumer. Gumout’s plan for this car? Show us its innards, reassemble it, fill the fuel tank with Gumout One-N-Done Complete Fuel System Cleaner treatment, drive the car and burn through a whole tank of fuel in accordance with the American Section for Testing Materials’ (ASTM) industry-standard testing procedures, pull the car apart once again, and see the results.

Check out our video below and read the full review to see the results. Turns out, it works great!

Gumout wants to give away one prize package to allow you to see the improvements on your own vehicle. The package includes:

2 x Gumout Multi System Tune Up
2 x Gumout One-N-Done
2 x Gumout All-in-One
Gumout decals and beanie

In order to win, post in this thread to let us know where you took your car this summer and the phrase "I want to post a review thread of my experience with Gumout products." Feel free to include images of your summer trip if possible. Winner will be chosen at random on August 25th at 12:00PM PT.

Full Contest Rules

Old 08-19-2017, 11:05 PM
Chet Ubetcha
3rd Gen Ram Moderator
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

I live on an island -- not very far to take it on road trips. :P

Old 08-20-2017, 10:42 AM
gertie240
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I took my Ram to the gulf of Mexico, I don't think any other truck would fit me like a Ram. I want to post a review thread of my experience with Gumout products.

Old 08-22-2017, 02:49 PM
IB Cristina
IB Staff

Reminder:

In order to win, post in this thread to let us know where you took your car this summer and the phrase "I want to post a review thread of my experience with Gumout products."

If you live on an island, Mr. Hawaii, tell us about that island! We're not picky about anything but adding that phrase.

Old 08-22-2017, 04:06 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

I took my truck on a 12,000 mile journey from the East Coast to the West Coast. I want to post a review thread of my experience with Gumout products.

Old 08-25-2017, 11:55 PM
345ramair
Default I want to post a review thread of my experience with Gumout products.

I went to little niagara and many other cooll places!

I want to post a review thread of my experience with Gumout products.

Old 08-30-2017, 03:02 PM
Henry53
Default Gum out summer travel

I took my truck camping to west central Pennsylvania
Originally Posted by IB Cristina
Originally Posted by IB Cristina
We know there is always skepticism with any fuel additive, so we asked Gumout to prove that their product works. The folks at Gumout did just that and flew several forum users and our editorial team to a testing laboratory at the Transportation Research Center (TRC) in East Liberty, Ohio.

Gumout purchased a Hyundai Sonata with 80,000 miles at random from a local used-car dealership to show us typical deposit buildup on a vehicle driven by the average consumer. Gumout’s plan for this car? Show us its innards, reassemble it, fill the fuel tank with Gumout One-N-Done Complete Fuel System Cleaner treatment, drive the car and burn through a whole tank of fuel in accordance with the American Section for Testing Materials’ (ASTM) industry-standard testing procedures, pull the car apart once again, and see the results.

Check out our video below and read the full review to see the results. Turns out, it works great!

https://twitter.com/mc3films/status/...354433/video/1

Gumout wants to give away one prize package to allow you to see the improvements on your own vehicle. The package includes:

2 x Gumout Multi System Tune Up
2 x Gumout One-N-Done
2 x Gumout All-in-One
Gumout decals and beanie

In order to win, post in this thread to let us know where you took your car this summer and the phrase "I want to post a review thread of my experience with Gumout products." Feel free to include images of your summer trip if possible. Winner will be chosen at random on August 25th at 12:00PM PT.

Full Contest Rules

Old 08-31-2017, 02:05 PM
IB Cristina
IB Staff

Congratulations, MoparFanatic21! You just got yourself some Gumout stuff.

PM me with your name, address, phone number and email address to get your prizes.

Old 09-11-2017, 05:58 PM
JFloors
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

"I want to post a review thread of my experience with Gumout products."

I'll chime in on this thread too because I'm impressed! I've used other injector cleaners and fuel system cleaners fairly regularly, but never seen a gain in mpg's like this time

I live in the north end of CA. I took my '99-5.9-294k on the od, extended cargo van with tools to remodel my sisters bathroom last week on 9/2. She lives about 240 miles from here, in the SF bay area.

I topped off the fuel about 30 miles into the trip going there with some arco 89 oct. and added one bottle of your All in one product before hand.
Filled my tank down the street from her at a chevron and it took 19.6 gallons, gauge showed right at 3/8's tank. Not great mileage for a 210 mi. trip from last fill up, not impressed! Drove the hot time of day here and it was 106-108 hot let me tell you and my engine temp pretty much ran 210 the whole way.

Coming home on 9/9 I left around 4pm to head home and outdoor temps were somewhat milder in the low 90's and engine temp stayed closer to 206-208. filled up close to home and noticed the tank was slightly lower but right at 1/2 tank on the gauge. Fill up was 16 gallons for 240 miles!! Wow! 15 mpg, I've not seen that in years from this van, I normally get 12-13 at best on trips like this no matter the time of year, brand of fuel or outdoor temps!

I'll give the credit to the Gumout product having made the increased mpg's on the second tank after burning through the first with the additive. I am impressed and will definitely recommend it regardless there be any prize involved
Thanks

Last edited by JFloors; 09-11-2017 at 06:16 PM. Reason: added just a note of info
Old 09-14-2017, 09:36 PM
mikeparrish

"I want to post a review thread of my experience with Gumout products."
i usually just go to autozone and do it myself, being broke and raising a family you cant always afford to have it done professionally.