2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Replacement Fuel Filler Neck Hoses?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2017, 12:04 AM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Replacement Fuel Filler Neck Hoses?

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to get replacement filler neck hoses? Mine seem to be getting a bit aged, so I'm thinking I probably should replace them while I have it all apart. I was shocked to see that it's going to cost me almost $200 for the two hoses from an online OEM parts site. So I started looking for aftermarket options. Rock Auto lists the larger hose from Spectra, but the reviews on Amazon are saying it doesn't actually fit.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a set of filler neck hoses that actually fit?

Also, can you get replacement lines that run along the rear crossmember and tee off and connect to the front and the back of the tank? One with a quick connect and one just slides over the nipple on the rear of the tank? Mine are feeling hard and instead of softly bending, they just kink. This is making me think maybe I should replace it, but I can't find it anywhere, oem or aftermarket? Or should I just stick mine back on since it doesn't appear broken? I just don't want it to crack where it kinked on me and end up causing a leak later on.

Old 11-28-2017, 11:10 AM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker
Received 102 Likes on 95 Posts

$200 for a couple hoses sounds ridiculous. Potential alternatives:
Sometimes a hydraulics shop can help out with hoses, take yours in and see what they say. Or you could get some from the pick-n-pull, and put them on the shelf for insurance.

Old 11-28-2017, 12:07 PM
Torxhead
Veteran
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I would suggest trying an industrial hose supply, I use an outfit called Hose Man. Get hoses specifically for gasoline use.

Old 11-28-2017, 11:06 PM
brian102
Professional

the spectra hose probly needs cut to fit.

the hose that slides over the nipples regular fuel line should be fine and you can get that by the foot at a parts house like napa.

the quick connect will likely need made at a hose shop. a good hose shop can make or order ANY hose. i didn't see any factory fuel lines listed at rockauto, so the normal parts places probly won't have them either.

ebay can be useful for hard to find item's like that.

this perhaps...
https://www.factorychryslerparts.com...category=20311

Last edited by brian102; 11-28-2017 at 11:24 PM.
Old 11-28-2017, 11:09 PM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker
Received 102 Likes on 95 Posts

Originally Posted by brian102
That is the metal filler neck, the rubber hoses he wants connects that piece to the gas tank.... good price though, I think I spent closer to $50 on mine.

Old 11-29-2017, 12:26 AM
brian102
Professional

Originally Posted by fj5gtx
That is the metal filler neck, the rubber hoses he wants connects that piece to the gas tank.... good price though, I think I spent closer to $50 on mine.
yeah, i totally redid my post. i thought it was the rubber and metal all in one. my eye's are a bit tired today.