2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

46 re od off

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2018, 01:07 PM
hardass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 46 re od off

Ok i know its been talked to death but here goes . I have a 2000 dodge 1500 ram 4x4 after about 7/10 miles or so the od off light comes on only a few time the trans temp light will come on so i pull over sit for maybe 5 minutes start the truck no lights on start driving and od will shut off again but i never get another trans temp light again. Now i have a after market temp sensor that will climb in temp to say 150 or so this is after themp light was on but is not any more.

I have done a master solenoid kit same issue it changed nothing. Now i found out about the boost pressure plate. While i was in installing the master kit i had that plate off i noticed a small hole in that plate that was made there and im not sure if that was stock or not ill search that. im at a loss here the truck has 130000 miles on it no burnt fluid or anything and seems to drive and shift great untill that happens then i gain rpm as you would expect when shifting out of od.

now when it shifts out of overdrive if you keep driving it will shift back into od for a few miles then out again and so on. Any help would be great. Also i will say when o first start the truck there is a strange noisea spinning or almost belt slip or something it last about 30 sec then gone.

Old 03-07-2018, 01:15 PM
hardass
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm new i guess i put this in the wrong spot can anyone help with that (admin)

Quick Reply: 46 re od off