2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Manifold Stud Removal

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 11:28 AM
V65Ozzie
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaw91097
Update, got one stud out with a Stud Remover from AutoZone, snapped one stud flush with the head though :/
I personally don't have a welder otherwise I'd learn how, or if you guys could suggest a good welder I could buy, like maybe from menards they have a stick welder? I'd practice first obviously, and I'll eventually need to learn to weld...
Would I be better off just taking those other studs out, then bolting the new headers on, drive it to a welder, and have them take that snapped stud out? Would that mess anything up too?
What HeyYou said, if you want to get a welder, a decent 110 MIG unit with gas is a decent choice. I have a Hobart 110 unit at the house, got it for 450 on sale, a couple of years ago, chucked the flux core wire in the bin, bought a gas cylinder, and solid wire. It's more than paid for itself during the time I've had it. Disclaimer: I use it for stuff other than fixing my Dodge, Jeep or assorted vehicles..... actually just finished welding a patch on a 25 gallon portable gas caddy......added a drain port to it while I was at it.

Quick Reply: Manifold Stud Removal