2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2001 1500 Sport Headlight Issues...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 03:04 AM
01HOOSIERSPORT
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 1500 Sport Headlight Issues...

Hi all...first post here.

Sorry if this has been covered but working too much lately and not a lot of free time for browsing the forum as I'd like to.

I bought my Ram (5.9/4x4) late Fall and trying to iron out some previous issues.
One being that I replaced the mismatched headlight assemblies for new units.
Also installed new bulbs (9004/dims and 9007/brights).

I have the Sport model so I'm on the 4 light setup (blue connector for dim, black connector for brights).

Dims work great...but when switching to brights (indicator illuminates on dash as it should), my brights/bulbs do nothing (they don't illuminate on any setting).
Dims do however become somewhat brighter oddly.

Any suggestions or has anyone had this issue before? Possibly a fuse underhood to check...?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 04-13-2018, 08:05 AM
Shadow_Death
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think first I'd check the fuses for the headlights and see if any are blown. I'm not sure if they used individual fuses for low and high beams on these trucks as mine isn't a sport model. The second would be to see if the relay for the high beams is activating or not.

A side note is that sometimes a relay will click like it's activating but it isn't making contact. This can be bypassed by swapping a known good compatible relay and seeing if that fixes the problem.

I would definitely start with fuses though.

Quick Reply: 2001 1500 Sport Headlight Issues...