2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Torque Converter Installation Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 07:14 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Torque Converter Installation Question

Reading a post on Facebook about the torque converter has me realizing that I didn't do what I should have when installing mine. I pulled my transmission to replace the flex plate. I took off the torque converter and stuck it back on. When I did, I just pushed it straight into the transmission. I didn't hear or feel the two clicks or anything, but it seemed to go far enough back. Everything went back together fine it. It doesn't make any odd noises, and I drove it about 50 miles and it drove fine.

Did I get lucky and it's correct? Or would I know if I had a broken front pump before complete transmission failure? I just want to make sure that I don't have something messed up that's going to cause transmission problems down the road.

Old 05-12-2018, 10:11 PM
Sam Senger
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It appears you did it correctly otherwise you might have had probs mating engine to the tranny.... as in you would have noticed a small gap and would have had to turn the converter til it seated all the way back. Never done a Dodge but done plenty of Chevys and it seems, from what you are describing, to be about the same.

Old 05-12-2018, 11:00 PM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 342 Likes on 323 Posts

If you drove it 50 miles without issue, you should be fine.

Old 05-14-2018, 06:56 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys. I'm going to just hope it's right.

Quick Reply: Torque Converter Installation Question