2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

ABS light, Brake light, and sluggish

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2018, 09:06 PM
MHall018
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS light, Brake light, and sluggish

I'm not sure if these are separate issues so here it is. I have a doge ram 2500 2003 4wd when driving I have the brake light and the abs light on. I also notice it is slow to accelerate. After changing the air and fuel filter and putting some fuel injector in today I did notice improvements, but still it not accelerating as fast as it should be. Any help would be appreciated. Going to check the speed sensor shortly.

Last edited by MHall018; 05-14-2018 at 09:13 PM.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:57 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by MHall018
I'm not sure if these are separate issues so here it is. I have a doge ram 2500 2003 4wd when driving I have the brake light and the abs light on. I also notice it is slow to accelerate. After changing the air and fuel filter and putting some fuel injector in today I did notice improvements, but still it not accelerating as fast as it should be. Any help would be appreciated. Going to check the speed sensor shortly.
Ground the #13 pin of the OBDll Port (under the dash) once you take away that ground the ABD and BRAKE lite will flash. If it's a 2 digit number it will flash x amount of times pause then continue. So if you had ABS code 12 it would flash like this: one pause one one, which would be twelve. One you do this past back with the number and I can help you. They aren't related btw. Your other problem could be fuel pressure, cat clogged, etc. Need to know the engine. Is there check engine light on?

Quick Reply: ABS light, Brake light, and sluggish