Headlight/power surge - DodgeForum.com

Go Back  DodgeForum.com > Dodge Trucks > Dodge Ram > 2nd Gen Ram Tech
Reload this Page >

Headlight/power surge

Notices
2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Headlight/power surge

Old 05-15-2018, 10:41 PM
Nicholas.dodgeram1997
Amateur
Default Headlight/power surge

So I just picked up a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9 v8 earlier today she’s running like a top but while driving it tonight I noticed while accelerating onto the highway the headlights and dash light got super bright at high rpm and went back to normal so I tried to duplicate it at home by reving it up and it did it again but the battery gauge stays the same dead in the middle is that normal? Or signs of future alternator issues? This is my first 2001 all my other were 97 and down and never did this. Just wanted some feedback. Thanks guys.

Old 05-16-2018, 02:26 PM
MoparFanatic21
Captain

Originally Posted by Nicholas.dodgeram1997 View Post
So I just picked up a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9 v8 earlier today she’s running like a top but while driving it tonight I noticed while accelerating onto the highway the headlights and dash light got super bright at high rpm and went back to normal so I tried to duplicate it at home by reving it up and it did it again but the battery gauge stays the same dead in the middle is that normal? Or signs of future alternator issues? This is my first 2001 all my other were 97 and down and never did this. Just wanted some feedback. Thanks guys.
My 98 Durango did that and it turned out to be a failing alternator. Do they get dim when you are at a stop light with everything running (heater, radio, etc). Could also be the battery as the battery stabilizes the spikes from the alternator

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Headlight/power surge

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: