2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2 ?'s Gap on spark plugs and crankcase breather filter

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 11:59 AM
banwhalen
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 ?'s Gap on spark plugs and crankcase breather filter

I was told by a mopar dude that the gismo on the left side, presumably the crankcase breather, does not need replaced. I am not sure I trust that, but I cannot find anything online that looks like the oem one. The ones I see look like the one for my 73 charger, the big round fat brass jobs. I'd like to find the original one if possible if it does need changed. The one on my cover is a small cylinder looking thing. Or if it can be cleaned, what kind of solvent should I use?

Also, looking at some new plugs. When I go to Champion's web site and Advanced Auto they are showing a oem gap of 40 when my haynes manual, and all the other times changed them I gapped it at 35. So what's up with the 40 anyone know?

thanks for any advice.

Old 12-06-2005, 03:15 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 235 Likes on 218 Posts
Default RE: 2 ?'s Gap on spark plugs and crankcase breather filter

not sure about the breather...

but the plug gap can be .035 to .040, check under the hood on the emission sticker and see what it says. I've had mine out to .045 w/o any problems. however I have the MSD ignition so a larger gap is ok.

Quick Reply: 2 ?'s Gap on spark plugs and crankcase breather filter