2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Engine Paint

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2018, 09:21 PM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker
Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts

Looks pretty clean now !

Old 07-18-2018, 10:47 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by fj5gtx
Looks pretty clean now !
I plan on doing a little more but mostly moving the mechanical fan closer to the rad so I can eliminate the big shroud. Also some wire loom here and there. Now it's time to print the whole truck which requires disassembling the whole truck to get the inner fender wells (notice the white one )

Old 07-18-2018, 10:54 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

things are looking good. have you considered just going with a standard 14" round air filter? i know they usually require a s-bolt but look pretty good. i want to get one for my elcamino but i know it is a tight fit and requires just the right base to clear the accelerator pump linkage
Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21
Thanks I appreciate it! I wiped down all the hoses and wire looms the best I could. Now when I remove something it will get cleaned and painted. I have such a big compressor because I have a 3 way on it. So you can run 3 air hoses off of it. I got tiedt of switching lines. Lol
heck with how cheap split loom is you are almost better of replacing it sometimes. i know i got a few rolls in the basement of different sizes. with the price you paid for your compressor i completely understand why you bought it. as long as it works for what you need that is all that matters. i have been wanting to split the output on my tank but never really needed to yet. i really just need a solid line run outside so i will get the extra 10ft of my line back that runs into the basement and out the window.

Old 07-19-2018, 12:01 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
things are looking good. have you considered just going with a standard 14" round air filter? i know they usually require a s-bolt but look pretty good. i want to get one for my elcamino but i know it is a tight fit and requires just the right base to clear the accelerator pump linkage

heck with how cheap split loom is you are almost better of replacing it sometimes. i know i got a few rolls in the basement of different sizes. with the price you paid for your compressor i completely understand why you bought it. as long as it works for what you need that is all that matters. i have been wanting to split the output on my tank but never really needed to yet. i really just need a solid line run outside so i will get the extra 10ft of my line back that runs into the basement and out the window.
I don't know if you can see it (if not I'll supply a pic) but if you look right about dead center (about intake) on the bottom on the cowl the PO cut a huge chunk of it out (don't know what for). The PO bought that cab (it's a 96 can my truck is an 01) and thought it was too fit a big air cleaner. I don't want a round air filter for two reasons:
1. I don't think they look good on our engines. Now in a carbed engine yes do that
2. I'm getting one of the hoods below (see pics) and they send the sure to the passenger side behind the headlight (where a cai sits)
My compressor goes like this. One the triple split one runs throughout my garage with hookups through and also goes underground to the front of my house and to the one side (total about 550 ft). One goes to my paint hopper want the other is open and might go to a new ventilation system I might get. I got it cheap and is way too big for me but for the price couldn't turn it down. I even have a 1" impact gun I run on it and it runs it like a dream. Wait until you see what's next for the engine bay you'll be shocked! Also the wore look I get is getting hard to find and they don't make it bigger then 3/4. I need to find some (either in chrome or chrome purple like I have in the bay now) big enough to do the harness that runs down the driver's side fender. I think I need an inch or bigger. I appreciate the compliment man!

Last edited by MoparFanatic21; 07-19-2018 at 12:07 AM.
Old 07-19-2018, 01:48 AM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i don't know what to say about the whole but i have never seen anyone need to cut that area in order to install a 14" round filter. i personally like the looks of them even on the 2nd gens. the kind of clean up the engine bay by removing the ugly but functional stock filter.

i wish i had a shop. i would be forced to run lots of line then but currently just work in the driveway and most of the time i can get away with just a 50' air line. ya sometimes the in store selection can be limited when it comes to split loom but it always makes a harness look much nicer once rapped.

Old 07-19-2018, 12:39 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
i don't know what to say about the whole but i have never seen anyone need to cut that area in order to install a 14" round filter. i personally like the looks of them even on the 2nd gens. the kind of clean up the engine bay by removing the ugly but functional stock filter.

i wish i had a shop. i would be forced to run lots of line then but currently just work in the driveway and most of the time i can get away with just a 50' air line. ya sometimes the in store selection can be limited when it comes to split loom but it always makes a harness look much nicer once rapped.
Yeah I'll get a better picture of the hole today. Wire loom does make it look better but I am limited to 3/4 in size. Having a big garage is a blessing and a curse

Quick Reply: Engine Paint