2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bad oil pressure sensor ding....

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 04:42 PM
HighwayDUB
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad oil pressure sensor ding....

I'm about to change my oil pressure sensor this week, and was curious if it's cool to disconnect the current one until I change it out.

The check light and ding going on and off every time I stop and go is driving me mad, and it's only been 1 week lol......

Cool to disconnect for a week?

Old 07-11-2018, 04:52 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by HighwayDUB
I'm about to change my oil pressure sensor this week, and was curious if it's cool to disconnect the current one until I change it out.

The check light and ding going on and off every time I stop and go is driving me mad, and it's only been 1 week lol......

Cool to disconnect for a week?
It could be the sensor and would be fine to unplug for a week, but that's usually a sign of a bad plenum. Assuming the sensor is working like it should

Old 07-11-2018, 08:00 PM
HighwayDUB
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nah, it's the sensor, because it bounces around when the check guages light dings on.

I'll unplug it though, thanks!!

Old 07-12-2018, 06:11 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by HighwayDUB
Nah, it's the sensor, because it bounces around when the check guages light dings on.

I'll unplug it though, thanks!!
Be warned that's exactly what my Ram did then the plenum blew (tried new oil pump and sensor) and then I had a rid knock

Quick Reply: Bad oil pressure sensor ding....