2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Random bogging down when you hit accelerator.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 10:19 PM
Shadow_Death
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2bit
A word about Standard Motor Products. They have a regular line that I have really good results with. Then they have a value line called the T series which I haven't tried. They also make the BWD stuff that I hate. If you go to a local parts store that sells BWD and ask for the good line SMP parts, they will try to tell you it is the same thing. NO they are not the same thing! I think you can get the good SMP line at Bumper to Bumper and Autovalue stores or from Rock Auto. I'm sure there are other places also.
Don't forget Amazon. I've gotten to the point where I do my auto parts shopping on amazon these days.

Old 07-25-2018, 12:52 AM
brian102
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shadow_Death
Don't forget Amazon. I've gotten to the point where I do my auto parts shopping on amazon these days.
pretty much have to. the stores carry the $5 parts so the get the most profit when they mark them up to $40, plus they like it when you keep coming back. planned obsolescence/failure is a profitable thing.

Old 07-26-2018, 09:29 AM
jlake4130
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is the bogging down because the trans in in too high a gear? Maybe when you let off the accelerator and get back on the gas it finally down shifts? Just an idea.

Quick Reply: Random bogging down when you hit accelerator.