2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Well one bolt came out for the crank sensor but......

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 09:28 PM
POSram2001
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Well one bolt came out for the crank sensor but......

the other one is stripped I presume because the only tiny little ratchet that can get a bite and fit in that space doesn’t move it.

Exactly why I didn’t want to do this by myself but got ghosted by all the people who are “ willing to help”.

Even 2 mobile mechanics I called ghosted me so yea it’s fair to say no one will help just like before.

What can I do about the stripped bolt it’s about halfway out but I still can’t fingerbang it out.

i unplugged my spark wires but I can’t take the air box of because it doesn’t go back on right. One of the first problems I had with the truck so a few friends of mine jerry rigged it.

Might be missing a gasket or something, you can hear the air hissing if you open the hood while the truck is idiling.

Last edited by POSram2001; 09-06-2018 at 09:31 PM.
Old 09-07-2018, 12:13 AM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 310 Likes on 292 Posts

Can you spray some PB Blaster penetrating oil around that bolt and let it sit for a few hours, then come back and try to get it to move again? Also, if you have a ball end allen drive socket, that can help get the bolt out (https://www.harborfreight.com/7-pc-3...set-67888.html)

Quick Reply: Well one bolt came out for the crank sensor but......