2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New Member Looking for Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2018, 02:36 PM
Tay227
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New Member Looking for Help

I have no clue how to work the posts and forums on here, but I’m hoping to find help for my boyfriend and I’s 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9L. We bought it from my uncle because we needed a truck and it did nothing but sit for a few years. The heat didn’t work whatsoever, wasn’t even warm. The other day it blew a decent hole in the coolant hose that connects to the heater core, he put a new hose on and it took a drive to town and back for the coolant to finally circulate correctly. When it finally did the truck started bogging out horribly and died. We can’t get it started since and if it even tries to start it just bogs out and completely dies. It’s getting gas just fine, nothing in the oil that shows any problems. I think it sucked up stuff from the heater core and clogged something, but my boyfriend doesn’t think so and doesn’t know what it is. Thanks for any help & ideas!

Old 10-23-2018, 03:04 PM
1997JollyGreenGiant
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I don't think the coolant clogged anything up and stopped the truck, if it did, the truck would be over heating. How hot did the thermostat gauge say the engine was?

How old is the gas in the truck? How about the transmission fluid?

Old 10-23-2018, 03:05 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Tay227
I have no clue how to work the posts and forums on here, but I’m hoping to find help for my boyfriend and I’s 1995 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9L. We bought it from my uncle because we needed a truck and it did nothing but sit for a few years. The heat didn’t work whatsoever, wasn’t even warm. The other day it blew a decent hole in the coolant hose that connects to the heater core, he put a new hose on and it took a drive to town and back for the coolant to finally circulate correctly. When it finally did the truck started bogging out horribly and died. We can’t get it started since and if it even tries to start it just bogs out and completely dies. It’s getting gas just fine, nothing in the oil that shows any problems. I think it sucked up stuff from the heater core and clogged something, but my boyfriend doesn’t think so and doesn’t know what it is. Thanks for any help & ideas!
You need to verify that all you spark and air. Sounds like it might be flooding out. Can you try and explain bog down? Does it slowly die or real quick?

Old 10-25-2018, 05:51 AM
dodgeciho
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Old 10-25-2018, 08:59 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 365 Likes on 343 Posts

May want to check the plug wires, one or more may have came loose while changing the hose.
You need to verify that all you spark and air. Sounds like it might be flooding out. Can you try and explain bog down? Does it slowly die or real quick?
X2 The more details we have to go on the better.

Old 10-25-2018, 02:01 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Moparite
May want to check the plug wires, one or more may have came loose while changing the hose.

X2 The more details we have to go on the better.
Yes! My definition of bog down is no power but continues to run.

Quick Reply: New Member Looking for Help