2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Any place to get OEM sensors?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2018, 01:07 PM
BigTunaDaBoss
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any place to get OEM sensors?

have a 98 2500 V10 that likes to die after a few seconds. Fuel pressure is good once it dies and I have a code p1391 if I remember for the crank and cam sensors. I’ve called all dealers and it’s obsolete and I check all the usual mopar parts sites, do I have to go eBay?

Old 11-11-2018, 02:50 PM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 306 Likes on 289 Posts

Do you have the Dodge part number for the part you need? If so, do some google searches for it. You can also check eBay, too.

I've found that once I have the actual part number of what I need, I can typically find the part somewhere with the help of web searches.

Old 11-12-2018, 05:43 PM
renardk764
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i used the original part numbers and replaced all of my factory sensors with factory parts. Found most of them if not all on amazon.

Old 11-13-2018, 09:51 PM
WhiteSnake91
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

amazon and rockauto are my usual go-to places for OEM parts, be thankful you don't have an older OBD1 V10 Ram truck, I heard it's really really hard finding certain parts/sensors for those, but should be relatively better for the bit newer OBD2 trucks.

I had trouble looking for my obd1 ram v8 mopar Iac but with a bit of google-fu I found the part. I heard for iac and crankshaft position sensor and maybe even the pickup coil inside the dist. you REALLY need to go mopar(or in the case of the o2 sensor, NTK or Denso), the other parts I'm not sure if it's so crucial, I have a standard motor products MAP sensor that's been fine for ~7 months in all types of weather extremes

Quick Reply: Any place to get OEM sensors?