2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Shaker hood

Old 02-12-2019, 09:21 AM
Michael Corning
Default Shaker hood

Just out of curiosity, has anyone found a shaker hood for a 2nd Gen ram? That was my original question to begin with lol. Good hood made them, good hood was owned by Keystone Restyling, but from what I have learned Kestone Restyling has apparently gone out of business or is in the process of. Was hoping that someone may have a shaker hood with shaker kit as well that hey are looking to sell.

Old 02-12-2019, 12:51 PM
CJSuhr
Veteran

Originally Posted by Michael Corning View Post
Just out of curiosity, has anyone found a shaker hood for a 2nd Gen ram? That was my original question to begin with lol. Good hood made them, good hood was owned by Keystone Restyling, but from what I have learned Kestone Restyling has apparently gone out of business or is in the process of. Was hoping that someone may have a shaker hood with shaker kit as well that hey are looking to sell.

Check this:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Good-Hood-B...5.c10#viTabs_0

Old 02-12-2019, 01:00 PM
Michael Corning
Default Shaker hood

Actually been talking with that guy, problem is he only has the hood and not the shaker kit. So where would one find a shaker kit and air box for it? Would I need to fabricate my own?

Old 02-12-2019, 01:07 PM
CJSuhr
Veteran

Im guessing that's what you would have to do. Haven't found any with a few google searches.

Old 02-12-2019, 02:46 PM
MoparFanatic21
Champion

Keep searching even on eBay someone somewhere has one for sale

Old 03-04-2019, 06:52 PM
Michael Corning
Default Shaker hood

Just an update on the shaker hood project. I purchased the hood from the guy on ebay. Now I just need to find a shaker bubble for it. Since I can't seem to find the proper bubble for the hood I'm thinking of going with a shaker bubble from a 1970 hemi Cuda. However, the inside dimensions of the hood I think are smaller than what a Cuda bubble is. The inside dimensions of the shaker opening of the hood I purchased are 18.5 wide x 22.25 long Is there anyone on here that has access to a 1970 hemi Cuda that could get me the dimensions of the shaker bubble so I can build my air box? I may need to widen the hole in the hood to accommodate the Cuda shaker.

Old 03-04-2019, 09:00 PM
MoparFanatic21
Champion

Just an update on the shaker hood project. I purchased the hood from the guy on ebay. Now I just need to find a shaker bubble for it. Since I can't seem to find the proper bubble for the hood I'm thinking of going with a shaker bubble from a 1970 hemi Cuda. However, the inside dimensions of the hood I think are smaller than what a Cuda bubble is. The inside dimensions of the shaker opening of the hood I purchased are 18.5 wide x 22.25 long Is there anyone on here that has access to a 1970 hemi Cuda that could get me the dimensions of the shaker bubble so I can build my air box? I may need to widen the hole in the hood to accommodate the Cuda shaker.
the 440 also was able to get the shaker hood fyi. Look up the shaker hood for the coda and it should just the specs

Old 03-05-2019, 06:55 AM
Moparite
Champion

The shaker was also available on the Challengers. It was an option on certain engines N96 (fresh air option code). Just by the look of the pic you posted it looked smaller than the original. You might want to look on ebay for some options.
https://www.ebay.com/i/152021488328?...3D152021488328

Old 03-05-2019, 06:41 PM
Michael Corning
Default Shaker hood

When it comes to color, what does everyone think about a white truck with black accents? Was thinking of having the truck all white with a black shaker, black brush guard, black roll bar with light bar, black rims with a chrome ring, black bumpers or at least the rear bumper. Possibly black and white tow mirrors. Would it look bad to have an all white hood with a black shaker In the middle? Let's hear your opinions.

Old 03-05-2019, 07:09 PM
MoparFanatic21
Champion

When it comes to color, what does everyone think about a white truck with black accents? Was thinking of having the truck all white with a black shaker, black brush guard, black roll bar with light bar, black rims with a chrome ring, black bumpers or at least the rear bumper. Possibly black and white tow mirrors. Would it look bad to have an all white hood with a black shaker In the middle? Let's hear your opinions.
I think that would look good. I personally don't like chrome on white vehicles.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Shaker hood

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: