2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

burned a lot of oil on xcountry road trip , is this an acceptable rate ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2019, 08:42 PM
potentshadow
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21
Try wasting 8 quarts of oil. Poured it in my Hemi, started it up no oil pressure. Shut it down looked around I never put the drain plug or filter on
oh man.. and I thought loosing 2 quarts because I’m stupid and didn’t screw the oil filter in all the way was a death sentence. Did your Hemi make it?

Old 04-15-2019, 09:23 PM
wca_tim
Professional
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by potentshadow
oh man.. and I thought loosing 2 quarts because I’m stupid and didn’t screw the oil filter in all the way was a death sentence. Did your Hemi make it?
did the same thing with to a bored, stroked small block in one of my boats... :-O the bilge had 7-8 quarts of expensive synthetic oil in it... Nothing to do but laugh about stuff like that... :-D (and don't do it again...)

Old 04-16-2019, 08:00 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by potentshadow
Oh yeah it was fine. I kept getting interrupted by my girlfriend and others. So when I came back, I thought I put them in. I like to think since I only use synthetic that iyer stuck to the metal and that's why it didn't lock up on me

Quick Reply: burned a lot of oil on xcountry road trip , is this an acceptable rate ?