2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

High Flow Cat/Possible Exhaust Work

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 09:12 PM
callahan8859
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default High Flow Cat/Possible Exhaust Work

Hey guys.

I have a 2001 Ram 1500 QCSB 4X4 Off Road Package with the 5.9. I've noticed an exhaust leak and it looks like my pipe is rusted out that's right in front of the cat. I figured that since my dad said he could possibly just weld in some piping there (He's a body man) I figured I might as well get a high flow cat to put in as well. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for one. I found threads from years ago but the links were all broken.

Also, I do have a single in dual out catback exhaust with a Super 10 muffler, but after 5 years it sounds like it's time to change it out for a new one. I'd love to have true duals, but I'm not even sure it's worth it for the money. I was curious to if I could cut off where the Y-Pipe is coming from the manifolds that goes into the cat and running a dual in/dual out cat or just dual cats (if you can even do either one of those). I found Aero Turbine 3030 mufflers that sound amazing, but they're all single in single out. We don't do emissions testings here in Ohio but I'd rather not deal with the check engine light being on all the time.

Finally, here is what my truck sounded like right after putting the exhaust on 5 years ago

Last edited by callahan8859; 05-20-2019 at 09:20 PM. Reason: put in the wrong word "dual" instead of "single"
Old 05-20-2019, 11:43 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by callahan8859
Hey guys.

I have a 2001 Ram 1500 QCSB 4X4 Off Road Package with the 5.9. I've noticed an exhaust leak and it looks like my pipe is rusted out that's right in front of the cat. I figured that since my dad said he could possibly just weld in some piping there (He's a body man) I figured I might as well get a high flow cat to put in as well. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for one. I found threads from years ago but the links were all broken.

Also, I do have a single in dual out catback exhaust with a Super 10 muffler, but after 5 years it sounds like it's time to change it out for a new one. I'd love to have true duals, but I'm not even sure it's worth it for the money. I was curious to if I could cut off where the Y-Pipe is coming from the manifolds that goes into the cat and running a dual in/dual out cat or just dual cats (if you can even do either one of those). I found Aero Turbine 3030 mufflers that sound amazing, but they're all single in single out. We don't do emissions testings here in Ohio but I'd rather not deal with the check engine light being on all the time.

Finally, here is what my truck sounded like right after putting the exhaust on 5 years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpTdSJOkt7I
I would do an off road x pipe instead of the y pipe. Then use a magna flow high flow cat

Old 05-21-2019, 06:27 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

I wouldn't bother doing duels with the exhaust manifolds. Maganaflow makes a direct fit cat all you need to do is weld on the one pipe and it done. Have fun getting the bolts out of the manifolds though!

Quick Reply: High Flow Cat/Possible Exhaust Work