2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Oil gage drops down an truck trys to die

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2019, 08:23 AM
Cassie Lovato
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil gage drops down an truck trys to die

I have a 96 ram 1500 ext cab everything was running good but all of sudden while I'm going bout 60 mph my oil gage drops all the way down but all other gages were fine but then my truck sputters and trys to lose power and when I came to a stop and cut truck off it killed battery and wouldn't start back I got a boost got it started and started driving again but every 10 mins or so my oil gage would spazz out and I would have to keep my foot pressed on gas or it would try to die oil is good and no check engine light battery and cables good I didn't have the problem till after I tried replacing my a/c blower motor but couldn't get it disconnected help me please

Old 06-11-2019, 10:22 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by Cassie Lovato
I have a 96 ram 1500 ext cab everything was running good but all of sudden while I'm going bout 60 mph my oil gage drops all the way down but all other gages were fine but then my truck sputters and trys to lose power and when I came to a stop and cut truck off it killed battery and wouldn't start back I got a boost got it started and started driving again but every 10 mins or so my oil gage would spazz out and I would have to keep my foot pressed on gas or it would try to die oil is good and no check engine light battery and cables good I didn't have the problem till after I tried replacing my a/c blower motor but couldn't get it disconnected help me please
You need to verify that the pressure is actually good when this happens. My Durango dogs the same thing turned out to be starving the motor from oil

Old 06-11-2019, 06:15 PM
Torxhead
Veteran
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Really sounds like a bad oil pressure sending unit, or the connection to it. providing your lifters aren't clattering.

Old 06-12-2019, 02:18 AM
DerTruck
All Star
Received 100 Likes on 95 Posts

Pull the fuse for the blower (F2) and see if it behaves differently.

Quick Reply: Oil gage drops down an truck trys to die