2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

A?C high side line

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2019, 10:46 PM
Dongeist
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A?C high side line

I have a 2001 ram 1500 WS and need to replace the liquid line. I was told to take it to an A/C repair shop to replace it and not try it myself because it is dangerous. Is this something I can do or was the guy right? It was leaking out the service port at the top, replaced the valve and it leaked worse then. So replace the line is my next option but do not want to mess it up or myself. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If I can do it myself, how hard should it be? Any special things to do or not do?

Old 06-21-2019, 11:23 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

if the refrigerant has completely leaked out...there is no danger

a fully charged system can has anywhere from 70 to 100psi static pressure depending on the temperature. if you were to open the system under pressure; that would be a danger. So if the system is empty, change the part and have a shop charge it up. If the system has pressure...have a shop recovery the system...then either you or them can change the part.

Quick Reply: A?C high side line