2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Ac not blowing hard on all vents

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 03:19 PM
Chunx89
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ac not blowing hard on all vents

I have a 99 ram 5.2, and the ac does isn’t blowing hard at all.

the ac is ice cold, but ONLY blows hard on the driver side vent by the window. The middle vents it’s a little soft, and the passenger side is barely blowing. The blend door is still in tact, sometimes my blower squeals once in a while, and sometimes I have to kick under the dash to get this thing going. I understand that’s either the resistor or the blower motor itself, I don’t think that is causing my issues. I have been chasing this issue for a long time online trying to find answers and no luck. My AC also is coming from the floor in the middle when it’s on max ac.

Old 06-23-2019, 03:46 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by Chunx89
I have a 99 ram 5.2, and the ac does isn’t blowing hard at all.

the ac is ice cold, but ONLY blows hard on the driver side vent by the window. The middle vents it’s a little soft, and the passenger side is barely blowing. The blend door is still in tact, sometimes my blower squeals once in a while, and sometimes I have to kick under the dash to get this thing going. I understand that’s either the resistor or the blower motor itself, I don’t think that is causing my issues. I have been chasing this issue for a long time online trying to find answers and no luck. My AC also is coming from the floor in the middle when it’s on max ac.
It's more then likely the resistor block

Old 06-23-2019, 03:52 PM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

The resistor controls the speed of the motor, otherwise it's high or off. You've got some vacuum issues as certain vents aren't opening and the max blows on the floor. First get new check valves and make sure all the vacuum at the engine is good. Then you'll have to chase the tubes and actuators under the dash.

Old 06-23-2019, 04:19 PM
Chunx89
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramman18
The resistor controls the speed of the motor, otherwise it's high or off. You've got some vacuum issues as certain vents aren't opening and the max blows on the floor. First get new check valves and make sure all the vacuum at the engine is good. Then you'll have to chase the tubes and actuators under the dash.
I already replace the check valves due to the fact they were causing the truck to switch to defrost on acceleration. I’m aiming towards me having to take cash apart. Any specific actuator this could sound like? I know I can take the control module off and trace the vacuum lines to them, if I’m not mistaken there’s only that one actuator in the back of the hvac box I won’t be able to get to unless I pull the dash out?

Quick Reply: Ac not blowing hard on all vents