2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Steering stabilizer

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2019, 12:31 PM
maraian
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ol' grouch
Yeah, they will negate surge brakes as the arms will hold the trailer back and not let the master cylinder compress. Thinking about it, I guess you wouldn't want electric brakes where they go under water. I live 2 miles from the Ohio river but never go out on it. I spent too much time looking for and recovering people in it.
Yup also the arms of the stabilizer seem to be designed to attach to an A frame trailer, where as the boat trailer has that one long neck like beam that extends out from the main trailer frame.

Old 07-25-2019, 06:28 PM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 586 Likes on 531 Posts

Originally Posted by maraian
Yup also the arms of the stabilizer seem to be designed to attach to an A frame trailer, where as the boat trailer has that one long neck like beam that extends out from the main trailer frame.

Living this close to the river, plus a boat repair place used to be two doors down from me, I've seen some with the A frame extending to the nose. The kids husband is based in Gulfport Ms. and I've seen some HUGE boats and trailers down there.

Quick Reply: Steering stabilizer