2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

want idle

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2005, 02:55 PM
rcdodge98
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default want idle

i have been reading all the posts about not wanting to idle. has anyone gotten this problem fixed. my 98 ram will idle fine until it gets hot and then it want idle at all have to keep foot on gas and break. i have been reading this forum and checking everything. if anyone has fixed this please let me know
thanks for all the good info and the great people that are will to share there problems and fixes

Old 12-18-2005, 04:38 PM
The Burning Rom
Record Breaker
Default RE: want idle

Have you checked/cleaned/replaced your idle speed motor? That's just my first thought.

Old 12-18-2005, 05:35 PM
Socha_62
Record Breaker
Default RE: want idle

Check vacuum lines first, then take that TB off and clean it! Especially the IAC. Just last week when I revved mine up it would drop down and stall. I couldn't believe how dirty my TB was.

Make sure to take out the sensors and spray the whole thing down with carb/TB cleaner. Clean the hole the IAC goes it really well. (IAC is the only on the "back" of the TB) Also clean the IAC itself really good, mine was CAKED with stuff.

Quick Reply: want idle