2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What about these wheel balancer things?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2020, 10:39 PM
Ugly1
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default What about these wheel balancer things?

Anybody have any experience with these. Seems pretty sweet if it really works. I'm always struggling to keep my 35's balanced. They never are. I would love to ditch wheel weights. They make some pretty lofty claims about increased tire life. If any of what they claim is true they would pay for themselves, I think.

Centramatic light duty truck wheel balancers

Old 02-12-2020, 11:32 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

you could have a shop bag weight the tires...works the same way but much cheaper if they are put in when the tires are installed. if you go to a shop with a hunter road force balancer it will balance anything perfect...and if you have a tire with radial tire variation...the machine will tell you. tires with rtv will balance perfectly on a regular tire machine but shimmey at speed. Only way to measure rtv is with a roadforce balancer.

if you tires have rtv in excess of 35lbs...no amount of balancing with correct it...its a tire build defect.

The following users liked this post:
Ugly1 (02-13-2020)
Old 02-13-2020, 12:28 AM
Ugly1
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

hmm have to get my rtv checked on a Hunter if I can find a shop that has that. Thanks

Quick Reply: What about these wheel balancer things?