2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Power or Ground Issue?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2020, 08:59 PM
Tenspeedpops57
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power or Ground Issue?

Just got my new toy insured,"When I hit the LEFT Turn Signal or The Fog light button "THE WIPERS COME ON!! " aS I recall, IT HAPPENED ONCE PRIOR TO BUYING IT, I figured it was an intermittent issue with the multi-function switch,but the more i think about it, i wonder could it be corrosion in or under the fuse/ distribution box under the hood? Anyone know where i can get some schematics and look for a common path between the turn signal and headlights? It only happens with left signal and not the right! Any Ideas?

Old 02-13-2020, 10:19 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Tenspeedpops57
Just got my new toy insured,"When I hit the LEFT Turn Signal or The Fog light button "THE WIPERS COME ON!! " aS I recall, IT HAPPENED ONCE PRIOR TO BUYING IT, I figured it was an intermittent issue with the multi-function switch,but the more i think about it, i wonder could it be corrosion in or under the fuse/ distribution box under the hood? Anyone know where i can get some schematics and look for a common path between the turn signal and headlights? It only happens with left signal and not the right! Any Ideas?
I had the exact thing happen to me, turned out to be two wires melted together behind the dash. You can get the FSM from the FAQ section. Wiring is in 8W

The following users liked this post:
Tenspeedpops57 (02-13-2020)

Quick Reply: Power or Ground Issue?