2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

TSB 875 1995 Ram 1500 -TSB OEM kit CBXR8750

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2020, 03:14 AM
pseeds1995
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TSB 875 1995 Ram 1500 -TSB OEM kit CBXR8750

I have a 1995 Ram 1500 4x4 5.9l. I am original owner. Just yesterday I replaced the ignition switch for the second time. The failure mode is covered in TSB 875 : http://dodgeram.info/tsb/recalls/875.htm

I just stumbled upon that TSB yesterday just after I decided I needed to get the power for the blower motor to NOT run thru the ignition switch based on the overheating. The steering column cover has a melted spot that started just after I bought the truck. Anyway, I just started looking for the Mopar OEM repair kit CBXR8750 and of course it’s not available anywhere so far. It’s only been 20+ years since the TSB was issued. 😁

Thought I’d ask if anyone knows of a source or has any details on the relay, harnesses, etc? The primary harness that connects to the ignition switch needs replacing. Anyway, I love my old truck (over 297K miles so in the 300K mile club soon) and do lots of the work on this truck myself.

I can make my own ‘kit’ if I must but thought I’d ask here first. I did see the other thread where someone had mentioned the OEM kit and referenced this sub forum.

Thanks for any help on this question.

EDIT: Just found online here:
https://parts.airparkdodgechryslerje...ion-cbxr8750ab

This can’t be the kit with ignition switch (which I don’t need). I’ll have to verify what is included but it’s a start.

I forgot to mention this happened while I was traveling and it’s darn hot with the windows up and no blower motor for AC. 😜

Glad I finally found this forum.

Have a safe and happy 4th of July!

—Paul

Last edited by pseeds1995; 07-03-2020 at 04:21 AM.
Old 07-03-2020, 07:35 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 388 Likes on 365 Posts

I was sent a letter shortly after i got my 96 about this. It said to take you truck to a dealer and they will install it free of charge. I have had it 20+ years and no issue with heating wires. Did you happen to call a dealer to see if they could get it? Even if it's not available you should be able to install something yourself. What i don't see is where to tap into the existing wiring to ad it. Not sure if this is updated in the service manual.

Old 07-03-2020, 10:06 AM
pseeds1995
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for reply. I didn’t check any local dealerships since I am on the road with truck and I replaced ignition switch yesterday. I wish I’d gotten the TSB notice from my dealer way back 🙂. I did order the kit and looked at TSB online. I found a pic with what is in kit. I’ll follow up with dealer for details and post any relevant info here.

I do have a couple factory service manuals for truck so I’ll cross check wiring diagrams there with the TSB info.

UPDATE:
So according to the Dodge dealer above the kit is a Recall kit and only for Dodge dealers so if that’s the case my local Dodge dealer should install for no charge (As Moparite said). They canceled my order and are providing a refund.

The difference between a TSB and Recall is the TSB may incur a cost to the vehicle owner while a Recall does not. I’ll be contacting my local dealer. 😁

Thanks again.

Last edited by pseeds1995; 07-03-2020 at 12:53 PM.

Quick Reply: TSB 875 1995 Ram 1500 -TSB OEM kit CBXR8750