2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Brake squeal

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2020, 02:41 PM
KillerLemming
Professional
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Brake squeal

Hello,
I have a 2002 Ram 2500 with rear disks that the rear brakes are squealing horribly. I recently replaced the brake pads and it still keeps squealing. Does anyone have any idea as to what it could be?

Old 08-19-2020, 06:43 PM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 389 Likes on 366 Posts

Might want to try putting some anti squeal compound on the back of the pads and see if it helps. Also may want to pull off the rotors and see what the parking brakes look like. May be a broken spring or something in there.

Old 08-19-2020, 08:57 PM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 593 Likes on 538 Posts

Originally Posted by KillerLemming
Hello,
I have a 2002 Ram 2500 with rear disks that the rear brakes are squealing horribly. I recently replaced the brake pads and it still keeps squealing. Does anyone have any idea as to what it could be?

Maybe they're ticklish. That's not the squeal you're talking about? Seriously, when the rear pads were replaced, were the rotors refinished to remove any glazing? Was an ati chatter pad used when they were put on?

Old 08-21-2020, 12:39 PM
KillerLemming
Professional
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Moparite
Might want to try putting some anti squeal compound on the back of the pads and see if it helps. Also may want to pull off the rotors and see what the parking brakes look like. May be a broken spring or something in there.
I used the anti squeal compound and it did nothing. I will check the parking brake next. I didn't use it for the longest time, than used it when I replaced my dash to hold it while the shifter was down.

Quick Reply: Brake squeal