2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Photo of location of the brake controller connector under the dash

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2020, 10:28 AM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 340 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21
I'll try to get a picture of mine on my 96
Thanks. That would be very helpful.

Old 10-26-2020, 01:35 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by AtomicDog
Thanks. That would be very helpful.
Soi got two pictures. What's weird is it's white on my 96 but blue on my 01s and the others so maybe 98 and up is blue. I might have found a trick, go to where the wires come into the cab and the 4 wires should be by themselves, not in the loom. I took a picture of that too for you!

Old 10-26-2020, 05:30 PM
AtomicDog
Champion

Found it! Thanks a lot for the more specific photo for the '96 model year. Mine is also white and the connector was very well hidden on top of and kinda behind the bulkhead connector. After looking at your photo and feeling around up there, I felt the empty plug jammed up against the firewall. As noted in the attached photo, mine is also white. I had no idea that it was as large a connector as it is, but its the right one, as it has a tow trailer label on it. I can now connect my trailer brake controller once I get the Dodge Ram specific wiring harness in the mail.

Old 10-26-2020, 06:33 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 307 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by AtomicDog
Found it! Thanks a lot for the more specific photo for the '96 model year. Mine is also white and the connector was very well hidden on top of and kinda behind the bulkhead connector. After looking at your photo and feeling around up there, I felt the empty plug jammed up against the firewall. As noted in the attached photo, mine is also white. I had no idea that it was as large a connector as it is, but its the right one, as it has a tow trailer label on it. I can now connect my trailer brake controller once I get the Dodge Ram specific wiring harness in the mail.

Glad you found it! It's hard to describe it's size as my "large" connector is the one with the bolt. I would consider it a small connector

Old 10-27-2020, 01:03 AM
AtomicDog
Champion

I wouldn't call it a small connector, as it is pretty wide and has 4 very beefy terminals in it. That bulkhead connector is a monster sized connector for sure.

Quick Reply: Photo of location of the brake controller connector under the dash