2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

'95 3500 v10

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2020, 10:09 PM
Real1
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default '95 3500 v10

This light(Maintenance Required) has been the bane of my existence, because it's always required a dealer to turn it off. It comes on every 50,000 miles and is meant for the owner to have a dealer change out the O2 sensors(2). I change out the sensors, but the last time I went to a dealer to get them to shut off the light we nearly got into a fist fight over it. Eventually it goes out after about another 50,000 miles if I remember correctly.

No, disconnecting the battery doesn't do it, nor does AutoZone et all have the right diagnostic tool. First thing everyone says when they get in the truck is, "What's up with the 'trouble light'?"

No trouble codes at present. Been over 50 restarts since the battery was disconnected.

Any hacks?

Kevin

Old 12-18-2020, 12:28 AM
DerTruck
All Star
Received 102 Likes on 97 Posts

Remove the light bulb... or cut the wire to the cluster

In fact googling for it, on a Dodge 50 forum (the rebadged Mitsubishi truck) it said that removing the light bulb is the service procedure after 120k miles.

Otherwise it requires the proper pre-OBD2 tool, the DRBII or maybe some old snap-on or OTC diag tool.

Old 12-18-2020, 06:15 AM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 581 Likes on 526 Posts

Originally Posted by Real1
This light(Maintenance Required) has been the bane of my existence, because it's always required a dealer to turn it off. It comes on every 50,000 miles and is meant for the owner to have a dealer change out the O2 sensors(2). I change out the sensors, but the last time I went to a dealer to get them to shut off the light we nearly got into a fist fight over it. Eventually it goes out after about another 50,000 miles if I remember correctly.

No, disconnecting the battery doesn't do it, nor does AutoZone et all have the right diagnostic tool. First thing everyone says when they get in the truck is, "What's up with the 'trouble light'?"

No trouble codes at present. Been over 50 restarts since the battery was disconnected.

Any hacks?

Kevin

A pair of scissors and some black electrical tape. Snip a small piece of tape and put it over the light. Eventually it will burn out.

Old 12-18-2020, 09:07 AM
Real1
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OBDI system. OK, well after almost 200,000 miles, I won't worry about missing the bulb. I can't find any other way either except an old diagnostic tool.

A ton of OBDI and II combination scan tools on ebay used. I have no idea which one to get. Removing the bulb sounds best.

Kevin

Last edited by Real1; 12-18-2020 at 09:14 AM.

Quick Reply: '95 3500 v10