2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Steering gear brace.

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2021, 09:40 AM
ol' grouch
Champion
Received 593 Likes on 538 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramman18
Haha, uh oh!

Let us know what steering gear you end up getting. Inquiring minds want to know!

It will depend on brand and price. There are a couple of places on Fleabay I've used in the past. I also try to buy local when possible so the local stores stay open. Unfortunately, on things like this, I haven't been impressed by the quality available in town. The truck wants to wander a bit but it's about what most of my past rides have done. My daily still drives like it's on rails so I have to consider the type of vehicle.

It just offends me when a solid piece of equipment isn't right. My CX-5 developed a brake pulse. Rust from it sitting on the lot before I bought it caused issues. The dealer had to replace the rears a couple of days after I got it. Compared to the old stock rotors, the new drilled and vented ones in front look and work great. I'm wanting to get the Ram in the same shape. I need to get some rollers to paint it and it'll start looking proud.

Old 07-18-2021, 10:15 AM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

I totally agree. Have you read my saga on my never-ending steering issues?

Quick Reply: Steering gear brace.