2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Front bumper issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2021, 02:28 PM
Dhalas818
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front bumper issues

Redoing my front end with Raptor coating, which is fantastic by the way, but I seem to have alignment issues. Bumper is level but the in and out look wonky as you can see by the photos. Is there also an adjustment for this? Also bought the bumper cover (green) and top fashia (black) used from a guy but don't match together correctly as you can see. Wondering if it's a knock-off North Korea part and I should of bought from LMT. Need some wisdom on getting it back aligned. Thanks guy's!

Old 08-31-2021, 09:45 PM
AtomicDog
Champion
Received 317 Likes on 299 Posts

You should be able to adjust the bumper height by loosening the bumper at the frame, then jack up the bumper to the desired location with a floor jack and re-tighten the bumper bolts at the frame, then remove the floor jack. The top part of the cover looks like it isn't fully seated. I seem to recall that there are clips that hold it in place that may have broken when it was previously removed. You can check LMC truck's catalog to see if they carry the cover. Lastly, the headlights also don't appear to be properly seated and have gaps at the rear. When I used that style headlight on my truck, I had to cut out some metal behind the headlights to allow the headlight enough room to sit back properly. I had the same issue when I changed to the sport style 4 bulb headlights, but it was nothing my sawzall couldn't cure.

Old 09-01-2021, 08:32 AM
Blayd
Amateur
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep. Headlights arent seated right for sure.
Some aftermarket light just dont fit right and you either have to hammer the back seat portion behind the light, or actually take metal out.
I found a set, ( not Halo or LED ) smoked, that fit exact. I liked them so much, I bought three sets, just in case.
as for the bumper, the top cover is definitely NOT seated all the way. Mine has a very small gap between the actual bumper, and the top cover. Need to see whats stopping it from seating. Maybe clips left behind from the old one you didnt notice?
I was working on mine for the past two weeks and took a look at mine.

Quick Reply: Front bumper issues